How to Start Bullet Journaling


  I started bullet journaling in January. I had some free time and I really wanted to stay organized. At the time, I didn't really know much about it. But, I am so glad I started. It keeps me on track so I don't get so stressed with my schedule. I usually take 10-30 minutes of my day bullet journaling. I see a lot of people on Pinterest who really take lots of time out of their day to work on bullet journaling. I do not have time to detail my bullet journal that much! 😂 While my bullet journal may not be the most detailed, it keeps me on track!

I actually got my friends into bullet journaling a few months ago. We all thought about creating a bullet journal club. It was so much fun being able to bullet journal with my friends! I definitely recommend bullet journaling with your friends! You can have weekly bullet journal sessions! 

I know it is very confusing because it randomly highlights writing in my post. I will try to fix that I soon as I can! Thank you! Apologies!

What is a bullet journal?
 
  Bullet Journal is a method of personal organization developed by designer Ryder Carroll. The system organizes scheduling, reminders, to-do lists, brainstorming, and other organizational tasks into a single notebook. 

  The bullet journal is something that so many people do these days. I find that bullet journaling is something that is so easy to do, and anyone can do it. You get to customize what's in your bullet journal. Everyone's bullet journal is different! With sections to log your daily to-do's, grocery list, notes and much more, your bullet journal is customized to your life. Customize your bullet journal by adding symbols that you will easily understand. It doesn't matter what your bullet journal looks like, or how detailed it is. It's about how it makes you feel, and how effective it is towards the things that matter to you. So I definitely recommend starting! Because everyone loves to be organized, right?

How do I start bullet journaling?

  The best way to get started is to figure out what your challenges are. What do you want the bullet journal to do for you? If it is your first time, I recommend writing down some goals that you have at the beginning of the journal. You can always look back at that page and see if you have achieved it, but even if you haven't yet, never give up. At first, you should probably start with a monthly log, where you can prioritize responsibilities to meet monthly goals. From there, start creating daily logs. 

Here are the things that every bullet journal should include in the beginning:

  • Index: This section is the very first thing in your bullet journal. It serves a symbol key that you can update as you go.

  • Future Log: This is a year-at-a-glance calendar, which includes goals, important dates, travel plans, and more.

  • Monthly Log: This two-page spread includes a simple calendar with a view of the month and a task page for all of your tasks you want to tackle that month.

  • Daily Log: This is your day-to-day to-do list.

What tools will I need? 

  • A bullet journal There are many different bullet journals to choose from, but I recommend getting one from Archer and Olive. Their bullet journals have ultra thick pages, so that markers won't bleed through. Many bullet journal youtubers use these. You can get them here!

  • Art Supplies I love to use all kinds of art supplies to decorate and plan in my bullet journal!  Of course, you don't have to use them, but it makes it a lot more fun! You can also color code things this way. I recommend having some calligraphy pens or pretty much any pens or markers! Colored pencils are great too! You can get some pens and markers from Archer and Olive here!

  And that is the end of this bullet journal blog post! Let me know in the comments if you have any questions about bullet journaling. Also, comment down below if you are interested, in bullet journaling and if this was helpful! Thank you so much for reading this blog post. I hope you come back for more posts! I am so excited for all of you guys who are going to start bullet journaling! You won't regret it! Let me know if you want more posts about bullet journaling. Thanks again for coming to my blog and reading this post! Have a blessed day!



Comments

Popular Posts