5 of My Favorite Stretches for Dance

 I love to dance, and have always loved to dance. It can be hard sometimes because you have to be pretty flexible. These stretches helped me so much with my flexibility. They got me to my splits, my backbend, my tilt, and so much more! Today I will be sharing with you some of the top stretches that helped me get very flexible, very fast. 


 Of course you cannot get your splits in a day, or a week like some may say. You have to train your muscles and take baby steps. If you push yourself too much, you will get hurt. Just remember to be patient, and you will get there!

 Some people are born more flexible than others, but that doesn't mean you can't be flexible like them! As long as you practice your stretches everyday, you will get there. I know it can be hard to believe, but as long as you practice daily and believe in yourself, you can do it! So, here are some stretches that helped me reach my goals, and will hopefully help you too!

1. Lizard Stretch
The lizard stretch is an amazing stretch for your hips, hamstrings and quadriceps. This stretch helped me the most with getting my front splits. I definitely recommend doing this stretch daily.

2. Seal Stretch
The seal stretch helped me a lot with my back back flexibility. When I started practicing this stretch everyday, I had much more back flexibility than I ever thought I could have. I am now able to touch my feet to my head, thanks to this stretch!


3. Butterfly
When I was younger, I would always wonder why we did this stretch in dance so much. Now, I realize that it helps you so much with your middle splits! I have been doing the butterfly stretch everyday, and now, I have my middle splits!

4. Bridge
Your bridge is so important. It helps with your back flexibility which is very important in dance and acrobatics. Having your bridge will help you get your backbend, back walkover, scorpion, needle, and much more! It will help you get those poses because it increases your back flexibility.

5. Splits
The splits are extremely helpful for so many things. They will help you learn your illusion, walkovers, grande jete and much more! If you do not have the splits yet, you can get there by working on the lizard stretch!


These are some of my favorite stretches for dance, that increased my flexibility. Remember, if you want to reach your goal just keep practicing and don't give up. You will get there! Thank you so much for reading this blog post. Have a wonderful day!









Comments

Popular Posts